Tuesday, February 12, 2013

On Again, Off Again

Someone recently told me that they and their boyfriend are on a 'break'. I don't know about everyone else, but this seems silly to me. I can understand needing space or breaking up. Going on a 'break' just seems too vague to me. What does it even mean? Are they still in a relationship? What would be defined as cheating. What is the future. Taking a break just seems like a being a wimp. If you can't take the time to figure out if you should be in a relationship with someone, then you probably shouldn't be.

It seems like some people are constantly in an on-again, off-again relationship. They are in a constant state of turmoil without any sense of future reprieve. I don't understand how this can be enjoyable. Relationships are about trust and enjoying spending time with your partner. They are not about constant fighting and uncertainty.

Maybe some people need this state of unrest in their lives, but personally I would rather have someone I can count on.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment